Monday 13 February 2012

I don't understand fashion.

The fashion industry has controlled how women and certain metro men feel about their looks and the way they dress for ages now. It is responsible for spreading anorexic images and making women all over the world feel bad for not being size zero.

The industry is not all bad, it has provided the world new trends and styles in fashion wear. It has made people look good, sexy, serious depending on which look you were going for. It is responsible for making men more self conscious, and take their dress style more serious not only in business situations. Its not all bad, former super models like Tyra Banks have been promoting the good healthy side of the modelling and fashion industry.

With that said I do not get how women have been following advice of gay men in the fashion industry or the ugly women in the background on what is attractive to us straight men ( not that all people in fashion are gay or not so attractive themselves). We do not all like skinny flat chested women, in fact most of us don't like those kinda girls.

These fashion shows are more like art shows and these models and outfits are like pieces of art that's why you often find weird looking or exotic looking fashion models who might not necessarily be considered attractive by general society but they fit the fashion industry. And another thing in magazines you find fashion labels advertising something with nothing but nude fashion models, I do not get how that is considered as fashion at all when there are no clothes in the picture.

I am not a fashionable guy, I am not metro sexual, I wear what ever I feel like wearing, I don't give myself headaches thinking about what I am going to wear. I am a jeans/shorts and wife-beater kind of guy, a minimalist. I prefer not wearing much clothing at all, as long as I'm clean and smell good, its okay with me. All I'm saying is I do not get what all the fuss about fashion is about, if you understand it and it makes you happy and gives you a positive self image then that's great.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Web Hosting Bluehost