Saturday 4 February 2012

what is up with bafana bafana

You know I used to be a real supporter of local football, but now I do not watch it that much anymore. I only watch kaizer chiefs games now, but even then its when they play a serious opposition. I know that South African football has improved and that our league is in the top 7 most endorsed leagues in the world and that our premier Soweto derby is one of the most watched and supported derbies in the world. What I fail to understand is why are the results of our improved league and standard of football not showing in the performance and rank of our national team bafana bafana.

Our team plays such attractive football but they just cant convert all that flare and ball possession into actual goals and wins. Its like we are in the league of draws even with seemingly weaker opposition. I said i do not support soccer all that much but I am very patriotic and I always support our boys even when they are sometimes more worried about bonuses when they should be worried about winning games first. I hope that we turn the corner and go back to our winning ways of the late 90's and early 2000's, this decade has been disappointing for us South Africans.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Web Hosting Bluehost